CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Twine and Dine

  So after reorganizing all of my craft supplies, I was feeling a little crafty and loving the Jute Twine I had found in my jumble of paints and papers. I feel like it's a staple crafting item that can be used for just about any project. I had originally purchased it to be used on John's 25th Birthday Card, but was hoping to incorporate it somehow in our dining room -- which has a sort of country cottage (perfect for jute embellishments, right?!) feel to it.


(The Birthday Card I Painted for John -- notice the Jute Twine)
  

    After some time spent brainstorming and observing our current table setup, I noticed that are place settings were missing something -- Flatware! In no time at all, I had pulled out our silverware and was playing around with it and the twine...and here is what I came up with!



The Before...
(Before)

(Before)
*Linen Napkins and Chargers from Pottery Barn, Plates from Dillards

And the After!
(After!)


(After!)

   What do you think? So simple, yet I really feel like it makes the place setting look finished!
This look could be easily replicated with any medium for wrapping the silverware together -- the possibilities are endless! You could even add variety by tying something into each setting, like a charm or a seashell if you have a beachy table setting, or for a dinner party a name tag to personalize the event and add to the charm of a themed party! Given that its fall, I think the following would make adorable name tags!


(These leafs can be found in the following Etsy store: PaperCreations123)

   Just write the guest's name in the center of each leaf, punch a hole in somewhere close to the edge, and tie it into the last knot after wrapping the silverware! Each guest will love the personalization -- and its a inexpensive and easy way to add that special touch to any dinner party!

   Ok, so here are some tips to make the process easy:
          1. Make sure all the silverware has been cleaned and polished.
          2. Arrange the silverware how you would like it to be placed, making sure the brand logos are not visible.
          3. Wrap the twine, or whatever you are using, around the silverware and tie in a knot.
          4. Continue to wrap until the ends are coming from separate sides and tie in a knot or bow.
          5. Trim the edges to the desire length.
          6. Now here is the trick -- untie, and measure out and cut the twine for each place setting to match the length of the one you just made! This will make the sizing easy, and ensure all of your settings will look the same!
  
   SO EASY RIGHT?!

   Now, nothing in our dining room was safe from the Jute Twine after I had discovered it's decorative splendor! I continued my craft session by wrapping our salt & pepper shakers and mason jar mugs to pull together the look!


(Ta Da!)


(Close Up!)
*Salt and Pepper Shakers and Artichokes from Pottery Barn


(Before the Twine Transformation!)

(Love these Mason Jar Mugs--Also from Pottery Barn!)


   To continue with my thoughts on the Autumn themed dinner party, how cute would these look with the same fall color leaves attached with the twine to denote each guest's mug?! To add to the scrumptious fall theme, pour in some hot apple cider and top it off with a Cinnamon stick stirrer...yum! 



   So happy with the finished look! I think the mason jars really stand out now!


(Finished!)

(Close up)

   Overall, I would say this was and fun and easy way to make our dining room look a little more pulled together and homey. Definitely Domestic! I hope this stirs your own creative juices as you begin planning for the upcoming holiday season -- think of all the many ways you could rework this for Christmas using ribbons and small ornaments!

Here are some more pictures of everything once I had finished!



(This is what Georgia did during my craft session)

0 comments:

Post a Comment