CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 30, 2011

Not Just For Smoothies Anymore...

   Now John and I are both HUGE fans of fruit smoothies, so naturally, we registered for a blender during our engagement. Little did I know, this handy kitchen appliance could be used for sooo much more!
   Following one of the recipes given to me by a friend, I discovered this amazing tool could be used to create an incredibly delicious, and most importantly, fool proof, corn custard!

(Yes, thats right, from a blender)

For those of you who have been asking, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

Dash of Salt
Package of Frozen Corn
6 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk or Heavy Cream
*I used milk!
1 Cup Sugar
4 Tablespoons of Butter

-Start by preheating your over to 325
-Throw all of the ingredients in the Blender, and let it work its magic!
***Ok, not that I did this, but I bet if you were to taste this concoction right out of the blender you would swear Bryers should start making corn flavored Icecream!***
-Once the ingredients are thoroughly pureed, pour into a glass casserole dish. Make sure the mixture is only about an inch and a half to two inches in depth. I split this recipe between two 13'' in diameter round casserole dishes.
-Place the casserole dishes in a warm, water bath (for those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, this means get a bigger glass dish and fill it with about two inches of water, then place the corn custard casserole dishes inside of these--dont worry, I had to google it!) and bake until the top is golden brown.
-Enjoy!

  With such a tasty recipe this is sure to become a family favorite, and given how easy it is to make, it is certainly one the family can enjoy all year round!

0 comments:

Post a Comment